Tuesday, July 7, 2015

What Does Schlitterbahn Even Mean?


Schlitter-slippery Bahn-Road (or slide).  So, I guess Schlitterbahn technically translates to Slippery Slide.  I guess I can see that but in our family it translates to "fun".  Yes, there are lots of slides at this park but both times we have visited this park the lines are so long for some of them that we don't even waste our time.  Why stand in line for so long when there are a million other things that are so entertaining?  Lazy river and a wave pool combo?  Yes, that's pretty much exactly what it is.  There are countless opportunities to hop on the river, or float down the roaring rapids on your tube.  I personally like watching Steven and Will in the boogie board pool.  That's pretty funny and I was proud of Will for hopping out there this year and trying it even thought the water is so powerful it knocks him over the moment he steps in it.  He tried though, and I give him props for that.


The weather was very pleasant so we stayed for 7 hours and didn't feel completely worn down like we would have if it were 100 or hotter.  In fact, when we arrived at 9:30am it was only 74 degrees.  Let's just say for the first 3 hours every time I stepped foot into the water again there was some shrieking involved.  That water was ICE!

For anyone reading this that has never been to Schlitterbahn before let me tell you 2 very good things about this park.  1.  They don't charge for parking.  That's becoming uncommon as we are finding out as parents.  I like when parks don't charge for something just because they can.  I mean, come on, we all HAVE to park so why charge for it? That's just dumb.
2.  They allow coolers, food, and drinks to be brought in.  That's another huge bonus in my book.  If you are willing to take the time and pack ice and food and bring it in it will save you TONS of money.  It makes it easier to say "yes" for fun things like Dippin Dots and slushies and things you know your kids will ask for.  Hey, you just saved like $50 in food costs so give those kids the Dippin Dots!!

Our weekend was finished off with a dinner on the Plaza at Buca Di Peppo.  This place is awesome sauce but we don't get to eat there very often because the wait is so long. Another traveler tip...go on the 4th of July.  The whole Plaza shuts down at 8pm so we just got there at normal dinner time and there wasn't a wait anywhere.  We ate lunch today at the new Slim Chickens and we all voted Cain's and CFA are better (another tip if you haven't tried the new one in Broken Arrow yet).  It wasn't bad, I'm not knocking it but I just think the value wasn't as good as Cain's and the food wasn't as tasty.  Just my opinion.  Hope you all had a great weekend with your family and friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment