Thursday, July 16, 2015

Drive In Puke

 Maybe Steven and I are just the bad strange parents that thought the "Minions" was terrible?  Maybe we really just are because I can tell from things I hear from social media and from friends I talk to that most parents enjoy the movie.  Our kids loved it.  That's usually a given though.  I can't think of any kid movie that we have gone to over the last year where the boys didn't think it was "the best movie ever!"  Those words were not uttered from Steven and I about this movie.  I can think of far many kid movies that I laughed at and enjoyed more than this one.  Oh well, it's not about us.  It's about these kids (and their 3 friends) and making memories for them.  

Saturday night after church we loaded up our two trucks, stuffed coolers full of junk food, candy, drinks, and waters and headed out to the drive in.  We arrived a full 1 hr 40 minutes BEFORE the movie started and the place was already getting filled up.  I guess the Admiral Twin is the place to be on the weekends.  The kids had a blast playing together, eating, drinking, and getting all the trucks and chairs set up.  I honestly didn't even feel almost 2 hours go by and then it was time for the movie to begin.  

Let's just say that one child had a little TOO much fun.....Can anyone guess out of the 5 kids who ate so much, drank so much, and wouldn't stop that he made himself sick before the movie even began?  Yep, that would be Owen.  I told him many times to slow down on the snacks and the drinks (mind you, we had already eaten dinner before coming to the movie).  Did he listen to me?  Nope.  He paid the price for it with a nice hefty dose of pre-movie puking in the road on the way to the bathroom.  A few good pukes and he was good to go again.  I told him not to eat (since clearly he had had enough) and not 5 minutes later Steven and I hear him laughing and munching on popcorn in the next truck over.  That boy will be the death of me.  

Even though the movie wasn't good (in our opinion) the kids all loved it and that's all that matters.  Hopefully we can make one more drive in movie before school hits.  It's fun, cheap, and great entertainment.  Next time you go, I will loan you our puker.  He makes for good entertainment too:)



No comments:

Post a Comment