Sunday, August 4, 2013

My Last Florida Post

 I promise this will be my last Florida post.  When you go away to such a beautiful place you have a lot of pictures and stuff to say about it:)  



Today's blog is going to be all about the beach.  Ahh, the beach.  My love.  My second home (I wish).  Steven and I love the beach.  I love it even more than him I think.  I also think it's hilarious how my boys have adopted that love.  They have only been to the beach twice in their lives but every time we can not get them away from it.  We will be there 6, 7, 8 hours AT A TIME and still they do not want to leave.  Still they cry when they have to get in the car.  Sand, ocean, waves, castles, crabs, shells, burying each other, volleyball, snacks, coral collecting...they ENJOY it all!!!

One of Will's favorite things to build while on the beach is a "fort".  I am not sure if you can really call it a fort.  It's more a moat that he tries to build around our chairs and things.  He works so hard on it with digging it out, carving a save place where water can not penetrate the things behind it.  It usually works and sometimes it doesn't. Owen's favorite thing to do is smash all brother's work.  Of course, I didn't allow this but I think it's funny how even at the beach his "Hulk Smash" comes into play.

This picture is probably one of my favorites, if not my favorite, of the whole week.  I just love the colors in it.  The blue sky, the torquise water, the white shirt, the red swim pants.  Of course, his sweet face is good too!

The last thing they enjoy at the beach is being buried.  Daddy does this task.  I am the picture taker.  This year Owen's favorite was a mermaid.  I thought this was hilarious!  He didn't even care that a mermaid is a girl..he just thought it was so funny.  It's hard to keep Owen still for this long so if you look closely the mermaid was cracking down the middle section.  He liked the mermaid so much he kept lifting his head (and his body) to see it and it kept falling apart.  Steven still did a fairly good job with the little mermaid seeing as how his model is not the stillest kid around:)  He also liked being the shark but once again the fin kept falling down because he wouldn't stay still.  Will was a sea turtle but it didn't really come out so there was no picture available.  Oh well...there's always next time!!!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment