Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Last of the Summer Bowling Days

 After work today I took the boys out to lunch and to bowling.  This ranks right up there with golfing for Will.  Owen likes it for about 1 game and then looses interest.  Will finished up Owen's 2nd game for him.  The boys were super excited about bowling today since they know Thursday starts school and bowling days are over for the summer.  

Both boys bowled well but I was very impressed with Owen.  That boy actually beat Will.  Will was REALLY trying too because he hates to lose.  I was even more proud of Will though and how he handled the loss.  Instead of mopping, crying, and whining over it (which is how it usually goes down)...he walked over to Owen and said "good game Owen.  You got me.  Hopefully next game I will win."  That's about all you're gonna get out of Will when it comes to defeat but that was enough for me. He earned a marble for that one (more on the marble story in another blog).  

Goodbye summer.  Hello Pre K and First grade.  Sigh....






No comments:

Post a Comment