Monday, August 5, 2013

A Day of Shopping

 Yesterday my mom and sister and I loaded up in my dad's HUGE truck and headed to OKC for a day of back to school shopping on tax free weekend.  We decided to take my dad's huge truck because it is only $25 to fill up with CNG and we knew we would be driving a lot.  

My sister picked me up at 8am and off we headed to go get my mom and the truck.  First stop...bathroom and coffee on the turnpike.  Then we were off again to the Quail Springs Mall area to do the shops around the mall, the mall, and more coffee!  We ate lunch there around those shops at Five Guys.  So delicious and so what I deserved after all this running I have been doing!

After lunch and the mall we drove over to the Oklahoma City Outlet Mall.  This mall is only okay in my opinion.  I have been to several outlet malls over my years and this one is a solid 5.  No movie theater, no Starbucks, no cool places to eat.  There are a handful of good kids stores (which is the main reason I went since I was looking for school clothes).  I honestly found better and more deals just shopping at a Kohl's we passed on the way to dinner.  

Dinner was different.  I had been craving sushi all day long.  Actually all week long.  We all had decided to eat at Chelino's on the river in downtown OKC before heading back home.  I realized that there was an In the Raw in downtown.  Side stop please!  Mom and Angela waited for me in the truck and I went inside and placed a TOGO order.  I know this sounds strange but I got my two rolls with soy sauce and ate them (chopsticks and all) as we walked to Chelino's.  I might have looked strange but I did not care.  Sushi craving cured!  Mom and A ate Chelino's and then we headed back home.  

13 1/2 hours later we pulled back up to my mom's house to drop her off.  We had a great day and I really enjoy getting to spend time with just these two people.  It VERY rarely happens so when it does we really soak it up!

I shouldn't enjoy their company as much since they were making fun of me and my summer tan ALL DAY LONG!  I realize I am a little dark right now but geez.  They wouldn't lay off!  My sister made me a lovely collage and texted it to me.  I thought it was hilarious!








No comments:

Post a Comment