Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Night Out


 This weekend has been awesome.  Steven and the boys left on Friday for a weekend in Norman.  I would have liked to go since it was my father in law's 60th birthday party but I already had a run scheduled for Saturday morning and a night out with my friend Melinda Saturday night.  So, that gave me roughly 48 hours of alone time.  Heaven!  This is only the 2nd time in 7 years that I have been at the house for the whole weekend without any of my family here.  I love my three boys but I do enjoy some alone time.  

I started my morning today running my Half Half.  To all the serious marathon runners out there that probably sounds pretty lame.  It was NOT lame to me.  I have been training very hard for about 6 weeks for this half marathon I am doing in November.  Today was 6 1/2 miles.  The longest I have ran thus far in training.  My goal was 65 minutes.  I finished exactly 6.5 miles in 65 minutes.  My legs are a bit sore tonight but overall I feel good and was very proud of myself!  I treated myself with 5 hours spent with my girl Melinda.  

We had such an awesome time.  We spent about 3 hours shopping the streets of Jenks looking at boutiques and antique shops.  Right up my alley.  I walked away with not one antique but rather an uber adorable chevron maxi dress.  Can't wait to wear it!  



While shopping I couldn't help but notice some of the junk, stuff people sell.  A lamb made of yarn, an old shoe, a matchbox, a broken lamp, scary dolls, and of course old school electronics like VCR's, corded telephones, typewriters, etc.  I had to snap a few shots of the corded telephones.  Those were my favorites!

We ended our night with a fantastic dinner at Waterfront Grill.  It was a beautiful night and can't say that I remember the last time I could wear jeans on an August night.  Can't remember the last time we actually would want to sit outside to eat dinner.  We had a great time together (like always) and I cherish our times together so much.  With 5 boys between us it is sometimes hard to get away so it makes it that much more special when we can.  Thank you to the daddy's for watching all the boys so we could enjoy each others company for a few hours.  


Next girls dinner: Melting Pot.  Yum-O (So I've heard.  Actually have never been there yet!)







No comments:

Post a Comment