Thursday, July 11, 2013

Zoo in 100 Degrees

Where has the time gone?  Almost 3 years ago they looked like this.  So cute, cuddly, and little still.  Now, they are tall.  Big.  Won't let me hug them in public.  Mason still lets me, Will won't:(  I know I will look back and think they are still small today at the age of almost 7.  It's not 3 or 4 though.  They are too big for my liking.  

Today I took the boys to the zoo.  Probably not the wisest decision I have ever made since it was 100 degrees.  But hey, when is it ever gonna be cooler than that in Oklahoma in the summer.  Gotta go sometime right?  Owen had school today so I took advantage of having only 2 boys and not 3.  We packed lunches, waters, sunscreen, and I created two scavenger hunt lists and off we went.


These boys have grown up together.  They were born only 3 weeks apart because Amanda had the joy of going into labor early while I was still pregnant with Will 10 DAYS after my due date.  No hard feelings.  Seriously none.  Okay...maybe some.  These boys love each other and have so much fun together when they get to spend it doing something fun, not fun, sporty, not sporty, church, not church.  They just have fun all the time they are together.  

I think the funniest part of the day was when we sat down to eat lunch.  Mason pulls out a rice cake with peanut butter on it.  My kid pulls out a turkey sandwich, fruit, and a granola bar.  Here I was thinking I was actually packing Will something semi-nutrious!  Amanda had to beat me ONCE AGAIN on something:)  So, to even out the playing field I let Mason indulge in some Uber Non Healthy cotton candy.  He even ate about 80% of it.  There.  Got ya back Amanda!











No comments:

Post a Comment