Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Concert Time

 This weekend we attended the Toby Keith Tornado Relief Benefit Concert in Norman.  This concert was held in the OU football stadium, on a day where it was about 100 degrees, with 70,000 people squeezed in around you like sardines.  I didn't care about any of that above stuff because I got to check something off my bucket list.  I saw Garth Brooks in concert!  Granted, he only sang for an hour because he had to get on his private jet to fly back to Vegas to perform again that night at 8pm.  An hour was awesome though and it just made me want to now attend one of his "real" concerts whenever we can afford it.  That man is expensive but worth every penny I have heard.  Just an hour of Garth and I can see why he is worth it.  He is a tremendous entertainer!  His wife wasn't half bad either:)

We had pretty great seats.  This shot is how close we were to the singers while they were on stage.  There were big jumbo tron's everywhere where you could see them too.  That's pretty close to Garth in my opinion!

A big thank you goes out to two people for making this concert happen for us.  1.  Our wonderful neighbors Jeremy and Marinda.  They won these tickets on the radio (because it was sold out in minutes) and then realized they couldn't go this weekend.  I found out they weren't going, told them I would buy them from me, and her words were "We won them, I want to give them to ya'll"  What a sweetheart!  2.  My awesome sister and brother in law, Rachel and Charles.  They willingly watched our boys so we could attend the concert.  They have 5 kids, we have 2 kids.  Do the math.  That's a lot of children for 8 hours.  Another blessing!

I know you are wondering why I took a picture of a stop sign.  That's for Kasey.  She loves that street.  No more information given in this blog about that:)

Thank you all for helping make this weekend happen for us.  We had a great time and MILLIONS were raised for the tornado victims so we all ended on a good note!












No comments:

Post a Comment