Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer Bowling

  My boys love bowling.  I mean REALLY love bowling!  This is yet another sport love they must get from Steven who has bowled in a league at our local alley for many years.  Yes, he is the youngest.  No, he doesn't care.  He loves to bowl and has passed that love onto our boys.  Awesome.  That leaves the Momma (who could care less about bowling) to take them to the alley at least once a week.  That was getting expensive throughout the summer, so I am so thankful when I heard of this program every summer for my boys.  KIDS BOWL FREE.  I love the word FREE!


 Who doesn't love free, right?  These boys don't care.  They just wanna go every day but even though it is free I have to draw the line somewhere.  Not every day boys, not every day.  Today they choose to bowl with Logan and Nolan.  Maxson was just the observer as he is not even crawling yet so bowling was slightly out of his comfort zone.  These boys all so competitive and all so want to win.  That made for some uncomfortable moments because every game has to have a winner and a loser.  We can't all be winners 100% of the time (as so many sporting teams do nowadays).  I could get on a soapbox here but I think it is important to teach kids that you don't ALWAYS win.  

Win or lose...they all had a good time until there started to be some food breakdowns.  Doesn't that always happen to Mom's with young kids?  No?  Only me?  Okay...teach me your tricks Mom's with kids that never break down.  Seriously, I really wanna know....




No comments:

Post a Comment