Thursday, November 29, 2012

Will Turns 6!

 Will is having a birthday party this weekend (so look for a blog about that next week) but on Tuesday my oldest son turned 6.  6 seems so old to me.  I guess I will look back at this day when he is 36 and be amazed at what a baby he still was/is.  I am not there yet.  I am just a momma seeing her little boy grow up much too quickly!  

I remember taking this picture on our first day home from having Will.  He was 4 days old and we had just got home from driving on horribly icy and snowy roads to go have his tongue clipped because he couldn't eat.  I was an emotional wreck.  I had no clue what I was doing and was so tired I didn't hear him cry the whole night.  Not one time. My mom got up with him every time and fed him pumped milk bottles.  Now, flash forward 6 years and I wake up for every little sound I EVER hear coming from my children's room. Funny how becoming a Mom changes you!  

All this 6 year old cares about is football.  He lives, eats, and breathes football 24/7 and doesn't understand how you may wear out physically from playing the sport all the time.  We are not 6 anymore and don't have that abundence of energy he has:)  I snapped a picture of Will before school on Tuesday morning.  Of course, he wanted the picture to be in a football pose.   

I took Will lunch on Tuesday to make his day a little more special.  He would barely talk to me during lunch because the teachers said "only talk to your next door buddy."  I guess Will took that a little too literally and would barely even carry on a conversation with me.  He laid his head down, crossed his arms, and waited for his table to be dismissed.  He wouldn't even whisper to me because that was breaking the rules.  Obedient...he is.   

My new 6 year old loves Texas Roadhouse so we took him there Tuesday night for a special birthday dinner.  Once again, he really didn't like all the attention on him while opening gifts and being sang to.  He sat there and took it because he knew he had no choice but I could tell he would have much rather been at home playing with "the bestest gift ever"...his football men and set from Aunt Kasey.  He worked so hard when he got home from dinner to set this up perfectly so it would be ready first thing in the morning to play with before heading out to school.  Such a sweet boy.  Who knows...maybe later in life all this football playing with pay off for ME.  Oops, I mean him:) 


Happy birthday my 6 year old.  I love you very much!






No comments:

Post a Comment