Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thank You

 Courage, sacrifice, honor. All for me and my family and my freedom.  I am always thankful for those who serve in any branch of the military.  Today, on Veteran's Day, I am even more thankful when I stop and see and feel first hand the sacrifices they and their families make.  

My cousin, Stephan, is Marines.  He is stationed right now in Afghanistan.  I am not sure where he is located exactly or what he even does.  All I know is that he is over there and I am here and I am safe because of him.  Him and so many other thousands just like him.  He left behind in Oklahoma his little toddler daughter and family.  We are anxiously awaiting his arrival home.  Thank you Stephan Fournier!

My brother in law, Joe, is Air Force.  He has gone and more deployments than I can count.  Turkey, London, Saudi, Afghanistan (more than once).  Right now he is also in Afghanistan.  He is there and I am here safe and free because of men and women like him.  He left behind his wife (my sister) and two little girls ages 4 and 7 (almost) that totally understand and feel the effects of Daddy being gone for so long.  For him, I am thankful.  Thank you Joe Franco!

Lastly, thank you to my husband.  He served in the Air Force as well.  He was stationed in San Antonio, then Biloxi MS, then Belleville IL where I joined him and lived our first 3 years of marriage.  He served right around 9/11.  We lived on an AFB when 9/11 occurred.  He did round the clock shifts, 12 hour shifts, on call duty shifts.  He couldn't leave the base for any reason.  He couldn't leave his work station for many reasons either.  He worked long hours attempting to protect a very fragile and hurting America.  For him I am thankful.  Thank you Steven Kueny! 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment