Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Warrior

 This weekend Steven ran in the Warrior Dash.  This is one of the hardest races to in all of Oklahoma.  Steven doesn't run.  Steven doesn't work out.  He doesn't need to.  Sick.  Truly sick.  I think he would want to if he had the time and in the Winter he really tries to.  Right now, this time of year, it just isn't going to happen though.  His friend asked him if he wanted to do the Warrior Dash.  I thought, "right, he will never do that."  He said, "Sure, sounds fun."  Fun?  Not so in my book.  Fire, ropes, water, mud, obstacles of all shapes and sizes, hot and humid weather.  Free beer at the end?  Steven was all in! 

Seriously though, I am so very proud of him.  Not a runner, doesn't work out and he still finished in 770th place out of 5,500 runners. Not too shabby in my book.  He finished at 46.23 minutes.  The boys HAD to sit and wait at the finish line the WHOLE time to watch Daddy jump over the fire (see side picture) and cross the finish line.  That was a long wait because they are used to my normal 5K's where they don't have to wait 45 minutes:)  Oh well, they had fun watching all the other people coming over the huge wall and running through the fire. 

 


Steven finished all dirty, sweaty, and wet.  He got his free beer, Viking hat, and medal.  The boys like to wear it with pride:)

Great job My Warrior!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment