Sunday, June 17, 2012

Just Another Weekend....

 Friday started off as normal as ever.  Fighting, Walmart trip, more fighting, playing outside in the water, naps.  At the end of Friday I had a date night with my cousin Kasey.  We saw a movie, had dinner, and went shopping at Target.  I love Target.  If money was no option I could and would go CRAZY in that store.  One thing I have found I do not like at Target is this new Bahama Mama Style clothing line.  I am really?  Who wears this stuff?  A peach cardigan, lined in coral and navy with gold buttons?  It's 95 degrees outside.  Why do they carry this period, and why do they choose to sell it now?  Well, I had to make Kasey model it.  You know it was the first time that poor outfit ever got taken into the dressing room.  Hilarious!  We were cracking up the whole time!!!


I had to also include Owen's shot of "saving" Walmart when we went shopping this morning.  Too cute!  The story was...Owen and I were actually on the girl/Barbie aisle buying Emma a birthday present.  He got bored of that aisle and was totally confused (as was I), so he turned right around, turned the corner, and walked to the boy aisle.  I quickly snatched up Mermaid Barbie and followed Owen.  This is how I found him.  Displaying his Spiderman mask.  He wanted to buy it of course, but the thing was way too big for him and fell off more than stayed on.  Maybe later when his head grows just a little more.



Saturday we went to our wonderful church Church on the Move.  They were having Dad Fest in celebration of Father's Day this weekend.  There were a ton of fun things for the whole family to suffer (I mean enjoy in the 95 degrees) outside before and after church.  Of course, Will spotted the giant inflatable slides.  These things were the fastest and tallest inflatable slides I have ever seen for kids.  I actually thought he might freak out once he got to the top and realized he had to go down.  Nope.  He climbed right up there like a champ and flew down!  I snapped a picture of him waiting in line because I realized he was sporting one of Gavin's hand me downs.  I thought he looked pretty GQ in his Polo shirt and Polo shorts.  Momma doesn't buy Polo....it must be given to us:)


Kasey took a picture of my hair too.  I know you might be confused as to why I am blogging/taking pictures of my hair.  I just love how long it is and how many fun things I can do with it.  We were in line for the inflatables so I had Kasey braid it.  I can't see the back of my head (even though Mom's are supposed to have eyes back there) so I had her take a picture so I could see.  I liked the finished product!


Tomorrow is Sunday and I will blog about 3 very important Dad's in my life.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment