Saturday, June 9, 2012

Just Another Weekend


Another crazy Saturday is over.  Saturday and Sunday are normally jammed packed full of activities and outings as this is the only time we normally are all four together during the entire week.  The boys and I went berry picking on Thursday morning and I realized that it was just something that would be easier accomplished if and when I had Daddy to go with us.  So...this morning Steven got to tag along.  The boys love it.  It's like they are my own little child laborers.  They pick and pick and pick until they are bleeding.  Literally, Will's fingers were bleeding because of the blackberries bushes.  I got a kick out of it because I heard my friend a few rows over telling her daughter that she was using her as child labor too:)  Great minds think alike!  Will was fine, Owen just ate berries, and Steven and I picked quite the load for our family of four.  I don't even really enjoy being in the kitchen but that is where I found myself today for about 2 1/2 hours. Washing, sorting, organizing, baking, slicing, chopping, cooking, researching everything to do with all this fresh fruit. 

Isn't it pretty though?  So far, I have made a fruit salad, a blueberry smoothie, a blackberry cobbler, and raspberry tea.  Tomorrow is another blackberry cobbler, more tea, and blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  Yummmmyyyyyy!

No Saturday is complete without a trip to Bass Pro to go "fishing". Yes, Daddy actually caught two little ones tonight but the boys rarely (if ever) do and about 45 minutes into it they are entertaining themselves with other things.  Who even knows what these two things are but they found them in and around the water and were playing with them off and on all night.  Not even really fishing.  Just playing. Hey, that's what boys do, right?  They had fun.  They were stinky.  They were dirty.  And that's all fine with me.  Now, what will Sunday bring?








No comments:

Post a Comment