Saturday, June 23, 2012

Color Run 2012

 Not many things can get me out of bed on a Saturday morning at 6am (besides Owen).  This run can and will do that every year it comes to Tulsa.  It was so much fun, and although I am not a walker there were a lot of walkers there and participating in this run for those of you who are afraid you wouldn't be able to run 3.1 miles.  We started off the morning bright and clean (see side picture).  I think we underestimated the number of people that were going to be at this run though.  We wanted to go off first in line to beat the heat and crowds.  


That DID NOT work out.  We got in line and this is what I saw before me. Thousands, literally, thousands of people in line set to go off before us.  Oops.  I will change that next year for sure!  The problem with this is you are stuck, jammed, crammed pack with other runners for about 45 minutes before we could even take off.  No water.  No air.  Sun already turning you into a dehydrated hot mess before you even take off.  Don't let me turn you off on this run, just get there super early and creep your way to the front.  That's what I'll be doing next year:)

Talk about a blast though.  This run was a 5K.  So, every kilometer they threw a different color onto you.  5 colors in all by the time you finished the 3 miles.  This color went everywhere.  In your bra, in your socks, on your shoes, on your teeth, under your fingernails.  Seriously, by the end I looked like I was leaning towards the African American race.  Remember the Friends episode where Ross uses the teeth whitener too much and his teeth glow in the dark.  That's what I was reminded of when I took this picture of me after the race.

 I told you this stuff went everywhere.  Seeing it in person is really the only way to get the full effect.  You will have to run/walk this event next year!!!
Remember that bright clean picture we took of ourselves before the run?  Look at the after pictures!  

When powder paint and color is flying through the air (see below picture) like you see here, how can you not get a little dirty?   




 Thank you everyone that ran with me and made today extra special.  A big shout out to a long time friend, Jennifer Hatch, who also ran the Color Run today as her first ever 5K.  I am super proud of her and I bet she had just as much fun as I did!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment