Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Monday Date Day

 Monday Owen started a summer "school" program at our local Baptist church.  Monday is usually my down day in the week with not too much to do other than household run off things that did not get accomplished over the weekend.  For the next 8 Monday's though, it is Momma and Will date day.  Today he chose to go bowling and have an ice cream cone at Braum's.  I also threw in a trip to QT for gas, Sam's for household crap, and the library for books and movies.  


Will loves the bowling alley.  He comes alive when he is up there bowling. I guess it runs in the Kueny male gene pool to like bowling.  I just don't see it.  I think it's actually pretty boring.  Thanks to our local bowling alley who participates in the Kids Bowl Free Summer Program I am able to take my boys bowling every day if I wanted (I don't want) and they can bowl 2 free games each.  Yeah for summer programs!  Will bowled pretty well I must say.  His first game was a 76 and his second was a 78.  Consistent.  Good thing!


Next up on our date with Braum's.  Luckily, there was one right across the street.  He decided on...wait for it....a BLUE ice cream on a cake cone. Birthday cake.  It could have been the flavor of bug fart and he would have eaten it because it was blue.  Funny boy:)  He devoured the whole thing and then we were off to pick up little Kueny.  

Don't let the bigger Kueny fool you.  He missed his brother.  He talked about him the whole day.  He asked about it and wondered where he was, what he was doing, who he was talking to, if and when he was going to eat lunch, what his snack was going to be, etc.  5 hours.  That's all he was gone.  That doesn't count as ALL DAY.  That counts as 5 hours.  He was so happy to see Owen and to hug him when we picked him up from school.  

Stay tuned for another Monday Date Day Blog.  I am sure it will include bowling.....







No comments:

Post a Comment