Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Years Count

 Time sure does fly, doesn't it?  You blink your eyes and months, even years, have gone by.  I remember when I was a child and hearing my parents (or really any adult) saying this and I just shook my head because I had no concept what it really meant.  Time DID NOT fly by.  Science and History class drugggggg on and time was NOT quick.  

Fast forward many years (I won't say how many because that ages me) and I fully live and know how time really does go by too quickly.  

Today would have been my grandma's 81st birthday.  Just last year we celebrated 80 years of her life knowing that it would more than likely be her last birthday with us on this earth.  We were correct and now she celebrates with Jesus on streets of gold this day.  

Time doesn't slow down.  We shouldn't either.  We should live every day as it's our last day on this earth.  We need to cherish the moments and ponder how quickly life and the people in it change and grow.  


I was doing just that when looking at our Easter pictures this year.  Then, I looked at our Easter pictures just a scant 5 years prior.  5 years!  That's nothing in the scheme of life and man oh man, how times have changed.  I'm fairly certain in 5 more years my boys will be taller than me and I will be the shortest one in this family.  

Please remember to give your love ones some kisses and hugs today and hold onto them tight.  They are worth it. 

On a completely random note...I really want this mixer for our new house.  Anyone want to buy it for me?  Steven says it's not, "In our construction budget."  Psst...what does he know?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment