Monday, April 11, 2016

Wild Wilderness

My mom and I recently found a new walking path that we LOVE.  We have walked together for years and mostly through neighborhoods or trails.  She is currently living out in south Bixby renting a house while they build their new home.  Thankfully, she lives so far south that the neighborhood runs out of room and into the river.  Enter....country.  We have found the perfect route out from the back of her hood and into the beautiful countryside of Bixby, OK.  This walk is filled with birds chirping, trees swaying, and the occasional dump or concrete truck just waiting to run you over:)  We love it!

That walk was what started off our weekend and then it was time to go to Woolaroc on Will's field trip.  He only gets one field trip a year, so I knew I didn't want to miss it even if it was to a place that is pretty non-exciting in my book.  He had a great time, loved riding the bus, swinging from the rope swing, and hanging with his friends all day.  We were instructed to visit the museum while there, and I'm sure the teachers were wanting the kids to actually read and learn from the artifacts, BUT I can almost promise 99% of the kids went straight to the gift shop and bought $1 rock candy.  I know that is the only thing that got Will into the museum:)

Even though it wasn't my field trip of choice, I would do it all over again to be able to spend the special one on one time with Will.  Thank you Jesus for these opportunities you have blessed me with.

P.S. I spot 3 rock candies in below picture.....  

Have a great Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment