Thursday, April 7, 2016

Zoo Trip

I am so incredibly thankful that Steven and I work for ourselves and that WE can set our own schedule and work when we want to.  This time of year, that's pretty much around the clock for Steven.  Today, he took off 5 hours to be with Owen and I for his field trip to the Tulsa Zoo.  

It was the perfect day for the zoo.  Not too hot and not too cold.  Thankfully, the little rain shower we had upon arrival was just that, it was little.  The clouds moved away, a bird pooped on my head, and the sun came out.  This is now the SECOND time in my life a creature from above has pooped on me.  I must be a target or something:)  If you could forget the 30-40mph winds the whole time you were outside, it really was perfect weather.

Owen was teamed up with all his best friends.  He spent the day with Jack, Calvin, Kirsten, Brody, and a slew of other children.  I loved hearing their little giggles and squeals and the, "Aww...he's sooooo cute! (this was about the Artic Fox).  These are the days and times I am so blessed to not have to miss.  Thank you Jesus.

To finish off this blog, I will leave you with an adorable picture of Owen posing in the Japanese Maple.  This tree was planted as a twig 8 years ago in our landscaping.  It now stands as tall, if not taller, then sections of our house.  Owen wasn't even born yet when that went into the ground and now he can partially climb it.  Time marches on....




No comments:

Post a Comment