Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Very Special Thanksgiving

 This last Thursday while everyone was gathered with family and friends to celebrate Thanksgiving we were celebrating someone else too.  Will turned 8 on Thursday.  He's a big ole' 8 year old now with many missing teeth as proof by this picture:)  I miss his little baby teeth but am enjoying the stage of no teeth although sometimes I have to ask him to repeat words because he says them so differently right now that I can't understand him.  Soon those big teeth will fill up his whole mouth and then BAM!  gone little boy and hello "small man child".  Not ready for that stage.

Anyways, Thanksgiving was great and thankfully it was a fairly warm day and all the kids had a wonderful time playing in the leaves at their grandma's (just like Angela and I used to do every Thanksgiving with our cousins).  It brought back lots of memories for me and Angela.  These cousins are growing up together just like we did with our girl cousins, Amy Laurie and Kasey.  I love when us 5 get together because even though we rarely see each other now and have 7 kids in between us, it's like nothing has ever changed.  We just pick right back up where we left off.  It might be different with Will, Owen, Ava, and Emma since they are not all the same sex but I sure hope they stay close throughout all their lives.  

I hope everyone had a blessed holiday and got to enjoy some yummy food and time with their loved ones.  3 more weeks and we get to do it all over again with Christmas!  Boy howdy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment