Sunday, December 21, 2014

"Is Your Hair Real?"

 This boy Owen melts my heart.  He also can make me the most mad and crazy of either of my children.  Overall, he's a lover and a charmer and a clown.  Friday he proved that in full force.  

My dad took the boys bowling after school as a Christmas break celebration.  They played and snacked on all kinds of food.  

More than that though, my sweet lover Owen found a little grandma to charm.  She was old (in her 80's), named Alice, and had just finished chemo treatment to beat cancer.  He saddled his way into her lane and she ooh'd and aww'd over him the whole time.  She fell in love with him and his willingness to love on her, speak to her, and make her laugh.  This, my friends, is one of Owen's strongest traits (and I love that about him).  After a short while he noticed her hair and bluntly asked, "Is your hair real?"  After she said no, he then proceeded to ask if he could try it on.  What 5 year old's do this?  Apparently this one!

After they returned Alice's hair and she went on her merry way, the boys and Pappy hit up the arcade.  I am sure my dad dropped some good money on these plastic hillbilly teeth.  Those teeth were most likely a good $20!  Thanks Pappy for the taking the boys on Friday.  They enjoyed it so much and did NOT want to come home with me 3 hours later when I picked them up.

On another note, I wanted to include this super cute picture of me and my running buddies that we took this week at Maxson's 2nd birthday party.  I love these girls.  Unfortunately, life got in the way this week and we weren't able to squeeze a run in but I know we will again soon.  It's great to have people that keep you accountable in life.  I would recommend finding some friends like that.  They really are a blessing!  

Happy Sunday everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment