Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Our Great Wolf Experience

 Any parent of children know that a successful road trip requires at least the loudest child (extra blessing if both) fall asleep at some point during the journey.  We scored big on the way to Dallas over the weekend with BOTH boys knocking out out of boredom and tiredness from Thanksgiving.  Steven and I scored about 1 1/2 hours of true peace and quiet on the way into Grapevine.  A.maze.ing.  Now, if this only could have happened on the way home that would have been great.  But, alas, we got stuck in a flipped semi wreck on a two lane road that made our 4 hour journey about 5 1/2 hours, no children fell asleep, and we were too late to Tulsa to pick up Norman in time so he had to stay kenneled one more night.  Can't have it all right?

For 6 months we have told Will we were going to take him to Great Wolf Lodge over his birthday weekend.  Lucky for us, Thanksgiving weekend is the second busiest weekend of the year.  *Happy Dance* (the first busiest is Christmas weekend if anyone was wondering).  People everywhere.  I'm talking, sounds of kids laughing, crying, screaming, falling water, splashing water, a constant drone of sounds.  Some people might find this a little off setting after awhile and even I had a hard time with it after 48 hours. The boys seemed totally fine and in their element at all times of the day.  

You know how swimming takes every bit of energy out of you?  I always thought it was the sun bearing down on you while you were swimming but that proved not to be totally true because we didn't have the sun factor over the weekend and we still were super tired.  Case in point, I went to take a shower after several hours of swimming and I came out from the shower and this is how I found my family.  I thought it was pretty funny.  Will even fell asleep holding the remote while watching college football.  That's classic for him.

Overall, we loved GWL.  The only thing that Steven and I didn't like were the prices.  Man, when and if you go there make sure you plan accordingly.  It is a one of a kind place but you will spend one of a kind prices as well:)  It's worth it and the memories my boys made are worth it but I just need to remember that when looking at my checkbook in these next few weeks.  

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend too.  Maybe got a little Black Friday shopping in?  If so, you're crazy but I still love ya!
















No comments:

Post a Comment