Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My Husband's Masterpiece

 Friday night we went out on a double date with some good friends.  Thankfully we found a sitter that would come to our house and watch all 5 of our children for 6 hours.  She was a lifesaver.  That is one brave girl right there!  Thankfully, our kids are used to playing with each other everyday since they are neighbors and share a backyard so that really helped.  

Finally, we got to take our husbands to Pinot's Pallet.  I kind of knew that Steven was going to enjoy this place and be really good at it.  I mean, he designs things for a living...how could he NOT be good at this?  I was right!  All night people were walking by Steven's painting to eyeball it and give praise.  "Oh, I love your tree.  How did you do your houses like that?  I love your star.  Your star is so perfect!  You are amazing!"  This is what people would say all night.  No one would even give me a second glance!  Not a second look or comment came my way:)  Which, by the way, is totally fine.  I don't own painting.  I know I'm not good at it.  In fact, this was my 3rd time to do this and even after 3 times I wouldn't actually hang my painting (although I have to say it was the best one I have done).

We really enjoyed our time together with our friends who just recently returned from living 7 months in Florida.  The kids have their play buddies back that they want to be with from the moment they walk in the door from school to when it gets dark and they have to come inside for dinner.  I finally have a next door neighbor that will speak to me (the last one didn't like me very much) and will allow me to borrow an egg if I need one.  So thankful for friends!!!  and date nights.....









No comments:

Post a Comment