Friday, November 29, 2013

Will Turns 7

 November 27, 2006 I gave birth to an 8 1/2 pound, 22 inches long son.  My first son.  My brown eyed boy.  He loves his Momma tremendously, his school and friends, and most days his brother and Daddy:)  He LOVES football maybe more than all the above things.

Every year for his birthday he normally asks to go swimming.  Swimming is difficult in November/December when you live in the Northern Hemisphere.  This year I found a deal on Groupon at a local Tulsa hotel.  I booked the room and let the boys swim their little hearts out on Wednesday night (Will's actually birthday) and Thursday morning (Thanksgiving).  The hotel was pretty dead these two days so the first night we had the entire pool to ourselves the whole time we were there.  

Will picked Chick Fil A for lunch (along with many other BA and Tulsa people) and Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  He's got good taste on both places if you ask me.  All he really wanted to do all day was swim though.  Beginning around 7am I kept hearing the question from both boys, "When are we going to the hotel?  Is it time to go to the hotel yet?"  Check in was at 3pm.  No matter how many times I told them this it didn't seem to sink in.  

Will had a great birthday and told me repeatedly "This is the BEST birthday ever!"  I love you Will Parker and can not believe you are already 7 years old.  Where did the time go?  I will blink and another 7 years will go by.  You are an amazing boy with one of the sweetest spirits I have ever seen in a child.  I love you! 





No comments:

Post a Comment