Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hoover Dam

 Day 1 Vegas trip. Thanks to an extremely early start time we were off the plane and eating lunch, yes lunch, in Vegas at 8:45am.  4am wake up call combined with a 2 hour time difference makes you starving for lunch when it's still breakfast time:)  Since we were in an airport many places were already serving lunch to us weirdos.  We filled up with some Pei Wei and off we went to Boulder City and Lake Meed to see the Hoover Dam.  Of course, Steven has done most all of the things that I wanted to do this weekend but he never complained and took me along to everything I wanted to see.  

This place was massive.  Thanks to my 10 mile run the day before my knees were not too happy with me.  See that 1,000 foot high bridge behind us?  I really wanted to walk across it.  I saw lots of people doing it and thought it looked so fun.  When I saw the amount of steps you had to climb just to get to the top I changed my mind.  Maybe next time I can do it when I am not weeks away from a half marathon.  

I think Steven thought the state border lines were the coolest thing there.  There is one spot of the dam where you can stand and one foot is in Arizona while your other foot is in Nevada.  Steven used his hands to illustrate for your viewing pleasure.

Hoover Dam was a good experience and one that I am glad I got to enjoy while in Vegas. Next time though, I am going to opt out of the Dam and go for a hike through Red Rock Canyon.  That place looked amazing but once again we ran out of time, my knees were killing me, and I didn't wanna risk getting hurt right before my run.  Hiking will be a for sure thing on our next journey there!













No comments:

Post a Comment