Saturday, November 23, 2013

My 13 Motivators

As I run 13 miles tomorrow morning here are some things/thoughts that will keep me going:

1. My Jesus: He gave me my legs and the ability to run.  I am going to try my hardest to remember that when I am beginning to feel tired.

2. Will: He ran his first race with me at the age of 4.

3. Owen: Who once told his teacher that "My Momma loves to run.  She's gonna run to Florida."  I don't know where he got that...

4. Steven: We have been together for 13 years, met at age 13, and I am running 13 miles.  Who says 13 is an unlucky number?

5. My Immediate family of my Mom, Dad, and Sister.  My mom always has shown me her love of exercise and even though I don't LOVE running, I did follow through with something that I think my family never believed I would actually do.

6. All my friends who helped me out along the way with either babysitting, encouragement, or offering their time either with running or biking with me throughout my long runs.

7.  The Kueny's: This family left during the coldest Sunday of the year to come watch me (not even a blood relative) run this race.  They never complained about doing it, they never said it wasn't an option.  They just came because they knew how important it was to me.  That is love and I LOVE them for it.

8. FIT Bootcamp Girls: Without them this Half-Marathon would have never happened for me.

9. My running partners Amber and Jeremy: Without them I would have wanted to quit many times.

10. Erica McMullen: She is our fearless leader in Bootcamp and a personal friend.  Without her and her influence and help with my fitness goals I PROMISE you I would have not been running a Half-Marathon.

11. Life Lessons I have Learned: Perseverance, determination, the ability to finish something you start, and the will to NEVER GIVE UP!

12.I will be congratulating myself because (in my head) this was something that I never thought I would be able to do.  My brain is the biggest challenger for me.

13. THE FINISH LINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment