Thursday, November 14, 2013

Vegas Sightseeing

Day 3 Vegas trip.  This day we did all the normal sightseeing Vegas stuff.  I even let Steven throw in some gambling.  I am NOT a gambler but he did so good not complaining about taking me around places that I figured I better let him play/waste money for a little bit.  He said it's entertainment cost.  I guess.  I just hate seeing that kind of money evaporate.  He was up for a time but NOBODY walks away when you are up because you want to get more up.  That's why peoplelose in gambling.  Of course, he stuck around to earn more and lost it all.  Oh well...such is Vegas.

I loved the Bellagio fountains.  I was expecting a bit more though. I just didn't know that hundreds and hundreds of people line up on this huge sidewalk just to watch one show that is 4 minutes long to a song.  I mean, it was cool, just not totally what I was expecting.  

The Venetian was probably my favorite of all the hotels. When I walked in I had to stop for a second because I literally thought we had taken a wrong turn somewhere and were back outside.  Nope, that's just the lighting and the ceiling.  It was pretty remarkable how much the architects of this place could make an inside building look like the outside of St Marks Square in Venice.  It made me want to go to the REAL Venice even more:)

Now for my favorite picture of the 3 days.  I just love how bright and colorful everything is in this picture.  Viva Las Vegas!











No comments:

Post a Comment