Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Baby" at the Park

 Yesterday after school it wasn't unbearably hot.  Probably only around 89.  We had about 45 minutes to kill before picking up big brother so I took Owen to a local park.  I love one on one time with my children.  I think that is so very important for your relationship.  Both boys love undivided attention they receive from Steven or I when we are alone with them.  I was happy to give that to Owen yesterday.  

Not each time I take pictures (because I tend to take a lot of pictures) but SOMETIMES when I take pictures I just stop and stare.  Stop and look to see how much my boys are growing.  This process makes me a little sad but at the same time I love seeing them grow and mature.  I am thankful they are growing because each day is a bit more independence and a bit more of them becoming the men I want them to be one day.  

For now this "man" is still 4.  He loves the park and exploring the "river" that was just a touch of water.  He had to take his shoes and socks off and get dirty and muddy.  He had to walk through the weeds, the ticks, the dirt and explore.  I let him because these days are fading slowly (even though I want to stop time).  He will not always be 4.  One day he will be 34 and a husband and daddy of his own.  I will wonder where these times went and be even more thankful that we had these days to share together. 

I love my "baby" Owen Michael Kueny. 





No comments:

Post a Comment