Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Life with Owen

 Life with Owen is full of adventure, fun, and laughs.  Kids this age say the funniest things.  More with Owen than with Will (mostly because Will just didn't and still doesn't talk very much) I forget the funny things that he says so often.  I have started writing them down and periodically I am going to begin blogging about them to document so even I, later on, can come back and read about them.  You might not think some of the things he says is funny but much of what he says comes with the delivery and how he says it.  You have to see his face at the same time he is saying it to really get the true laughs in.  Below are just a few things he has said recently that I find hilarious and just a few random pictures over the years that note his personality.
 1.  Just a few days ago I asked Owen why he was being so cranky.  He couldn't really give me an answer.  I said, "Owen, you need to fix your attitude."  About 5 minutes later (as he was silent the whole time) he said, "Okay Momma, I fixed my attitude.  I fixed it with a wrench and a saw."  I said, "did you use a hammer too?"  "Oh yes, I used a hammer too.  I forgot about that one!"  And he really did.  His attitude was fixed for the rest of the day.  

2.  Recently my friend (who is still nursing a baby) watched Owen while I was working.  He was fascinated with the nursing process.  He asked her why he was only drinking.  Wouldn't the baby need food later?  Wasn't he gonna get hungry?  She said "yes, he's gonna eat some peaches later."  Owen replied with, "Your boobies make peaches too?!!"  

3.  Along the same story line...he saw the baby a week or so later.  My mom was there for Will's football game and said "Oh Owen, that baby is so cute." Owen just looked at the baby and looked at my mom and so clearly stated "He eats boobies."  

I thought those were funny.  More Owen stories to come....




No comments:

Post a Comment