Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Train 2012

 Last night we went to the Christmas Train.  Wgo every year 1. because it's awesome 2. because our church hosts it 3. because it's fun 4. because the kids love it and 5. because it is now a tradition in our family.  I would go on with reasons but I don't want to bore you.


Last night was a beautiful night to go to the Train.  It was mid 50's all night, no wind, and no rain.  I didn't even have to wear a coat and Will and I didn't even have to break out the gloves.  Last night was the warmest night I can ever remember at the Christmas Train.  
  
Will likes to share.  He "likes" to share so much he gave his brother the sickness he had been dealing with the whole week before.  Since Owen was running a fever and hacking up a lung we decided he should not go on our annual outing. Daddy volunteered to stay home with Owen so I could have a girls night with my sister, cousin, nieces, and Will (obviously not a girl but he didn't seem to mind being outnumbered). 

The kids enjoyed the train and all the sugary goodness of the food and drinks served.  The liked the puppet show and the wagon ride.  The carousel is always a hit although Angela had to get on that with all the kids because one ride on those things and I feel like I'm gonna puke everywhere!  Will didn't even complain about all the shopping I wanted to do at the Salt Water Taffy Store and the Mercantile Store.  He went willingly.   

We had a really great time at the Train along with the other 15,000 people that we there.  Even with that many people there the lines didn't seem that long and it wasn't too crowded.  Another great year at the Christmas Train down in the books!   









No comments:

Post a Comment