Monday, April 20, 2015

Thor Has Arrived


 This weekend I turned another year older. My birthday was on Saturday when I turned the big 36.  Yikes.  Much too close to 40 but I feel better than I have in years, and I don't feel 36 so I guess that's good.  I got my girls together on Saturday and we headed out to Kellyville to shop the Vintage Market Days.  I love this place!  I tap into my creative gene (it's not a very big one) but I really do TRY to get creative when I am here.  Thankfully this year the VMD came to Tulsa on my birthday weekend.  Double bonus for me.  My hubby was willing and able to watch the boys so I took off for about 6 hours, got a coffee, spent time with my friends and mom, and shopped all day.  Talk about perfect!  Amen.  These were just some of my purchases today.  I didn't buy all of this but my mom pitched in a bought many of these items for my birthday.  When I got home I was thrilled to figure out the best looking kind of display for my mantle.  This is my "new" mantle and I LOVE it!


On Friday night my family went out to dinner.  I picked Texas Roadhouse.  Yummy!  Once we got there we realized that all the staff were dressed in Avengers gear.  Let me tell you...one member of our family was supremely happy about this.  He saw Thor, Hulk, Nighthawk, and many more.  There was a point in the dinner when Thor walked right up to our table and brought his hammer.  Owen lost it at this point.  He couldn't eat anymore.  He was in Heaven.  He was shaking and laughing and the joy coming from this boy was contagious.  Thankfully "Thor" was a good sport about Owen and took a picture with him. I'm pretty sure Owen will remember that day forever!

I really had a great birthday and am thankful for all my friends and family who made me feel so loved and appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment