Friday, April 3, 2015

1 Little 2 Little 3 Little Eggs

 This morning Owen and I woke up to the job of egg dying.  I say just Owen and I because (unlike his Momma) Owen doesn't require much rest.  He's like Steven and can function pretty well on not a lot of hours at night.  Me and Will like our sleep.  Lots of it.  In fact, after 12 hours of slumber Will was still in his room snoring logs.  I HAD to get up with Owen because Steven was already gone to work and the boys were out of school today due to Good Friday.  So, just me and my youngster had an egg boiling, dye preparing kind of morning.  He loved it and soaked in the "Momma and Owen time"

Soon after we were completed with the dye preparations Will finally decided to wake up for the day (it was 10:30).  We all got dressed and hit up the new Broken Arrow Chick fil A for lunch.  I was only brave enough for the drive thru lane today.  I have yet to venture inside due to the high amount of crowds and screaming children.  We ate our sandwiches in the comfy confines of our vehicle while the boys watched a Batman movie and I listened to music on my relaxing drive home.  Much better than the crazies inside CFA on a Friday afternoon.  

Once home our eggs were finally cooled off and it was time to color.  Maybe it's because they are boys or maybe there's another reason I haven't figured out yet but my children have got to be the world's fastest egg dying champions.  I mean, you turn your head and they are done.  Bam!  They don't mess around.  They enjoy doing it and it is an Easter tradition that I will continue as long as they find it interesting!

I hope everyone enjoys their Easter weekends with their families and make wonderful memories for many more Easters to come.  Talk to you all soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment