Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Has Sprung

Many of you who know me know that spring is my favorite season.  It's my favorite for many reasons but the main one is because I love to be outside and enjoying sports, nature, sun, etc.  In the summer sometimes you can only be outside about 10 minutes and without a pool of water you are dying.  In winter you can only be outside about 10 minutes and you are freezing like a popsicle.  Fall is pretty good and I do enjoy the pretty colors and the coolness that comes after a hot Oklahoma summer.  Fall is nice but spring is my fave.  

Last night my family took advantage of the spring time prettiness as we went for a walk/stroll after dinner around the neighborhood and to the duck pond.  Of course, Will wanted me to track our miles on my running watch because everything has to be tracked, counted, and stepped out with him (he is his Momma's child).  I was surprised that our little outing clocked in at 2 miles.  It was a gorgeous night and we were making full use of it.  On a side note...the ducks only got the few remaining goldfish crackers Owen had in the bottom of his lunchbox.  We were out of bread.  Sorry ducks.  They ate them up just like I assumed they would.  

 Oh, and the ice cream truck came right at 5:00.  Perfect treat for right before dinner.  I can't say no to the ice cream truck.  Ever.  I never get anything but my boys light up when they hear him trolling down our road.  They scream, they dance, they bolt into the front yard and literally chase the van down the road.  How is any parent supposed to say "no" to that?!!

The ice cream man got me to thinking about summer treats.  Oh, and my neighbor who let me try their homemade Nutella creation got me thinking as well...I am totally going to Target at my next possible free moment to buy these molds and sticks.  Nutella is one of the best foods ever invented and then add to that heavy whipping cream and condensed milk on a stick?  How can you go wrong?!

Happy Spring everyone! Get out there and enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment