Thursday, April 2, 2015

Sharks and Bunnies

 As I have mentioned many times over, I love Spring.  I love that we can eat outside and enjoy the weather without dying of heat stroke.  I love that foods like corn on the cob and watermelon are coming back into season.  I love the school activities that happen in the Spring as the grades begin to wind down their year with fun activities.  Today Will had his "Dawg Dash Run".  The top 10 fastest runners in each grade got a shirt.  Will stated to me that his goal wasn't to win a shirt but rather complete the race without walking.  He already knew he wasn't the quickest and fastest but he just didn't want to quit.  I love that about him.  He realizes what he feels he can and can not do, but instead of saying "I'm just not gonna try because I know I can't win", he states, "I'm not gonna quit and I'm gonna run the whole thing even though I know I'm not the quickest."  Great boy we have there:)  

This week I also got to be the guest reader in Owen's class. Owen and I got together and figured out which books he wanted me to read to his friends.  He picked a book about sharks and one about the Avengers.  If anyone knows Owen they know these selections were not a shocker to anyone.  That boy loves non fiction (even though one of his choices was fiction).  I had to talk him away from the 100 page non fiction book about Great White's.  I thought that might be a bit much for a 15 minute reading session with 5 year old's.  

As I was pulling into my driveway today after school I couldn't help but notice our tree blooming in our flowerbed.  Talk about gorgeous!  This is a weeping Cherry Tree and one of my favorites in our yard.  It's beautiful during blooming season and then stays bright green till the first freeze.  

I hope you all have a great weekend of Easter fun with your families.  Happy Easter from my bunny to yours!





No comments:

Post a Comment