Monday, August 11, 2014

My Little Bulldog

 For the past 2 weeks Will has been doing something totally out of his comfort zone.  Football...

You might say "Will loves football!"  You would be accurate.  But, my friends, Will has NEVER played tackle football.  He's always played flag and been really confident in that sport.  This is a whole new thing, with new plays and calls, new positions, new teammates, new field, new uniform with pads and helmet, new everything.  It has taken him several practices to feel comfortable out there.  Sadly, I still don't think he is liking it like he does flag.  He's out there and he's trying and he's NOT QUITTING and for that I am proud of him.  

I did tell him that he must finish this team and help his team out in any way that he can.  If he still doesn't like it come the end of the season or would rather play tackle next year (just not for the Bulldogs) than I would find a league for him to play in.  The important thing is is that he is trying something totally new for him and attempting to do his best at it.  That makes me a proud mom.

See, this child is more like this personality and a NON FIGHTER.  That's why, I believe, non contact sports are his way to go.  He shines in flag, baseball, and golf.  Tackle?  We shall see.  He could totally surprise me and love it and want to play next year again.  If that happens, I will be right there supporting him.  If not, I will be on another field somewhere in OK watching him play flag.  Either way, he's happy and that's my job as a parent:)




No comments:

Post a Comment