Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Camping Trip #899

My boys really enjoy camping.  They love the outside and the bugs, dirt, golf, swimming, river, rocks, s'mores, late night movies, and riding golf carts.  Both love it.  Owen ADORES it.  He thrives here.  He wakes up in the morning and I literally do almost zero parenting of him the entire day.  He entertains himself and is in his element for 15 straight hours.  

Case in point...Bigfoot hunting. All my boys (Daddy too) are Bigfoot believers.  They all love "hunting" him throughout the house, watching shows like "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet (yes, that's a real show), and searching and/or talking about him at any point in any conversation.  So, what do Steven and Owen do while camping?  You guessed it!  Owen came out of the woods and proclaimed, "Well, I did some tree knocks and some Bigfoot calls but we didn't see him today!"  Oh my.  I am shocked.  SHOCKED!

Well, they might be Bigfoot believers but Owen is also a believer in getting smarter:)  He has been working all summer on his letters with me. Over the weekend he got all 26 and I couldn't be more proud of my Bigfoot believing, camping lover, ABC master of a son!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment