Saturday, August 16, 2014

First "Week" of School


 Thursday began school for our boys at Lincoln Christian.  A new saga has begun with my kids at private school.  I am uber thankful for house flipping otherwise, this would not be able to happen for my family without me getting a full time job somewhere.  Not that I wouldn't do that to send my boys to private school because I WOULD.  I'm just thankful I don't have to because of the revenue brought in by flipping houses.

Anyways, Thursday bright and early my boys were awakened by me for school.  6:30am comes early after a summer filled with late nights and late mornings. Lincoln begins much earlier than BA schools do but my boys are enjoying being home earlier in the afternoons too.








We decided to keep Owen in Pre K this year seeing as how he had just turned 5 two weeks before school start, PLUS he's a boy, PLUS he just hasn't shown a complete love of learning/desire to learn.  Case in point (and that I made the correct decision)....his first day of school art work.  Note his name.  Age 5 and STILL sometimes writes in backwards.  Oh, this child:)  Does he not look like the biggest Pre K student there is?  Every day when I pick him up we have to kill 30-45 minutes before picking up Will.  Thursday he just wanted to chill in the AC and watch a movie while eating a beef stick.  Friday, we climbed trees.

Another awesome thing about Lincoln is that Will's two best friends will now be at school with him...Gavin and Mason.  Gavin showed up on Thursday morning to follow us to school.  Here is a picture of them together before the day started.  Yes, they are in the same grade:) Will's just tall and Gavin's just not tall!  


Every year before school the boys are made to take a picture for their Mother.  This year was no different.  It's always the same thing.  Rush rush rush.  Stand in front of tree.  Smile.  Stop hitting.  Owen don't run off.  Smile.  Stand still.  Oh, the joys of kids in Pre K and 2nd:)  Look at how much my boys have grown in just one school year though.  It's pretty amazing and time just needs to slow down.  Happy first year at Lincoln boys.  I know you will DO GREAT!














No comments:

Post a Comment