Monday, August 25, 2014

My Journey

 On Friday I finally got to have a trunk show at one of our flip houses!  I have been waiting to host one of these shows for months now for my friend Tanae and Braylin's Boutique (super cute stuff that she sells from On the Corner in BA).  I told her I would host a show and wanted to do it at a flip house so my friends and family could come see our home too.  Finally one of them was done and Friday night many people came over to look at her cute stuff, to hang with some cool girls (and one guy), and to see my house.  

I finally got to hang with Melinda too.  She is such a super great friend of mine but thanks to 5 boys between us and a crazy summer schedule I haven't got to see much of her lately.  Thankfully, kids are back in school now and our oldest boys play on the same baseball team so at least every Sunday for 6 weeks we will get to see each other some:)

Now, another part of this blog.  I have been on a journey since early May.  It is now almost early September, so this journey has been 4 months now.  I haven't said too much about it on Facebook but I have been trying to change my eating and lifestyle.  I've been a runner for awhile now but just could NEVER seem to get my working out and eating all together at one time.  Well, I finally just made myself do it.  No fancy pills, no fancy drinks, no fancy anything.  Just plain hard work and diet and exercise.  I have now hit my goal weight loss of 20 pounds and feel great! I feel it in my clothes (of course).  I've had to buy all new jeans for fall and winter.  Even some of my shorts that I bought in May are now falling off me.  I guess a good problem to have.  Here are a few before and after pictures if you need motivation to do the same thing in your life.  Clean eating is where it's at. Lean meats and protein.  In my life for these 4 months I have stuck to these few rules: no caffeine, no/low sugar, no/low carbs.  Doing just those things allowed me to lose weight but then mixed in with exercise and 20 pounds gone in 4 months.  Boom!  You can do it too!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment