Thursday, July 31, 2014

New Family Pics

 It's been two summers since we had our pictures taken on the beach.  A lot changes in two summers.  Last summer Kasey wasn't with us and so it was kind of hard to coordinate a family shot on a beach.  This year, she got to come again so we chose one night to snap away.  And by "snap away" I mean, hurry up and get boys dressed in something they DON'T want to wear, wrangle and yell at them to smile and not get in the ocean, force them to stand somewhere they DON'T want to stand and have a smile they DON'T want to have.  Ahh...family pictures are so peaceful and calm.  Actually, Owen is a great picture taker.  He smiles and laughs and doesn't mind them at all.  Will hates pictures.  Always has, and I am assuming always will.  That makes it not so easy anymore.  Between Will's hatred of pictures and Owen's "lets run everywhere on the beach and get sandy and wet before pictures"...they just went "perfect".  Oh well, memories:)


It makes me look back just not too long ago to the summer when the boys were ages 3 and 5.  Now, this summer they were 5 and 7.  Look at how much changes in just a short few years.  I can REALLY see it in Owen.  Gone is the baby.  Tears!

I am loving looking back at all the changes my family does in just a few years.  I am thankful that we will have these pictures for many more years to come to look through.  Imagine how much change there will be in just 10 short years?  Time goes way too quickly once you become a parent.  

Two more weeks until school starts.  This is one mom that is NOT super excited about that.  I miss my boys.  This will be the first year that they will BOTH be gone all day all five days.  I don't believe I am ready for that.  It just makes me even more thankful for the family time we got to spend on a beautiful beach in a beautiful state.  Thank you Jesus for our blessings.
















No comments:

Post a Comment