Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Robin Hood

 It's hard for me to believe that this is my "baby" who will be turning 5 years old in just 6 days.  I remember thinking how big of a birthday that was for Will.  The big 5.  He seemed like such a big boy to me by that age.  Now, that's Owen.  I know it's part of growing up and like I have said many times before...I will look back at 5 and yearn for this time because he will be way too old at 15 or 25.  

5.  He is my 5 year old lover.  5 year old cuddler.  5 year old laugher.  5 year old screaming/yeller/hollerer.  5 year old in motion child that never slows even in sleep.  5 year old animal LOVER.  5 year old outside LOVER. 5 year old superhero LOVER.  He is the epitome of this saying.  You've heard it before right?  This is Owen.  To a Tee!!

He's also my little modern day Robin Hood.  He protects me from the ants (by spraying a whole can of ant spray on the grass and thereby killing my grass) he protects me from the wasps (same story but with wasp spray added this time), he protects me from the spiders, the june bugs, the rolly polly's, the crickets, grasshoppers, and ladybugs.  He loves his momma and my little "Robin Hood" watches out for me while I am relaxing outside.  I love my "Noise with dirt on it" and I wouldn't change him for any other 5 year old in the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment