Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Fireworks Go BOOM!

 This 4th of July we headed out to the "country" in Coweta to hang with family, eat till we were sick, blow up things, and play a little corn hole.  Isn't that what every family does for the 4th?  Mom says she lives in "Hicklohoma" and I am beginning to agree with her.  It's nice to live in the country though to have the freedom to blow up a huge Lowes bucket with a homemade sparkler bomb and watch it sail 50 feet into the country sky.  Not that THIS family did not.  No never!

The biggest highlight of the day/night was probably the watermelon and cantaloupe explosion.  Talk about loud!  Wow...if you have never heard a watermelon explode with a pack of sparklers in it, then you are missing out:)  I took video of both of these fruits blowing up to a million pieces so I don't actually have pictures to post on here of that.  My dad gets the biggest kick of the objects exploding.  On all my videos you hear and see the big boom and then you hear my dad rolling into laughter.  On all of them.  So funny!

I love being able to hang out with all my family for holidays.  It's one of the biggest perks of living close to families on holidays!  My big cousin (and his little girl), uncle, grandpa and grandma, all my little nieces and nephews, sister and bro in law, aunt and uncle, mom and dad, and of course my family were all present.  As you have heard before...I like to capture moments that aren't posed.  To snap something that is just true everyday life that I will look back on in future years and enjoy.   I took this picture of my boys.  It wasn't posed at all and I just love watching them mold into their daddy.  This proves it....

And then you have my sister who's main goal in life (and she's pretty good at it) is to find opportunities to photo bomb people.  Seriously, I have so many of her doing this and I get a kick out of it everytime!

Hope everyone had as much fun together with whomever you picked to spend the day with.  Happy 4th of July everyone!














No comments:

Post a Comment