Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer Time Lovin'

 Summer has never been my favorite season in the past.  I can't stand the Oklahoma heat and humidity.  I hate dripping sweat just walking to my mailbox to collect bills.  Bills are not worth all that:)  

Summer is growing on me though.  The last two summers in particular I have begun to feel the freedom that finally comes with the months of June, July, and half of August.  I think it finally just took a few years of my boys being in school for me to fully enjoy and relax during the summer.  The freedom of late nights, pool days, sno cones, and driving for ice cream cones at 9pm.  

NO HOMEWORK, READING MINUTES, BOOK BAG CHECK, CLOTHING PICKED OUT FOR THE NEXT DAY, NO LUNCH BOXES TO PACK, NO LUNCH MENU TO READ OVER AND PLAN FOR WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL OR WILL NOT EAT, NO SPELLING WORDS OR HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS, NO CARPOOLING AND BIZILLIAN FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, SWIMMING, BASKETBALL PRACTICES AND GAMES.

I think you are beginning to get the picture:)  June has been an EXTREMELY fun month and I am sad it's over. We love to spend our days together making memories and sometimes on really special nights our cousins come over and head to the pool with us because 12 hours in the sun just hasn't been enough for the boys.  

The only thing (besides going to Florida and Owen's 5th birthday) that is on our roster for the month of July is Will's football Summer Pride camp.  It's 3 days a week for the whole month of July but it's only an hour.  Owen and I spend that time running the track, finding "girlfriends" to play with, or at the park.  Tomorrow I am going to muster more energy and run the bleacher stairs.  My calves and quads will kill me on Wednesday but then I will just head to the pool and be all fine again.  

Happy Summer everyone!










No comments:

Post a Comment