Saturday, October 26, 2013

Tulsa Run 2013

 The morning had finally arrived.  My first 15k EVER and my first time to run 9.3 miles in a race (although my official Run Tracker on my phone measured it at 9.5 miles). Strange.  I have been nursing some majorly sore legs, knees, and IT Bands all week.  In fact, I had only run one time all week and only did around 3 miles at that.  I have a little nervous about my run today.  Ten THOUSAND other runners can really cheer a person up though.  I started out with all my friends but slowly, little by little, we had to navigate the streets and thousands of runners by ourselves.  Some of us had injuries, some did not.  The slow ones didn't want to slow down the fast ones.  I love running with people like that.  You have no pressure to be like them, beat them, or lose to them...you just run your own race and go for your own goals. 

My goal was 1 1/2 hours.  My official race time was 1 hour 35 minutes.  I am pretty proud of that though because I seriously limped the whole 1st mile.  This knee thing has been rough and I am super thankful for all the family and friends that were praying for me and thinking of me today.  I felt it.  By mile 8 I was really needing those prayers.  My right foot was going numb and I was heading for a straight up hill from mile 8-9 (way to go Race Director throwing that in in the last stretch).  

Today was race #2 in my quest to hit race #3 (the Half Marathon) NEXT MONTH.  Eeks!  Thank you all for your prayers and support.  Tulsa Run 2013 is in the books for me!







No comments:

Post a Comment