Sunday, October 20, 2013

One Foot in Front of the Other

 The morning had finally arrived today.  Bright and early (and chilly).  Today was to be the day where I ran into the double digits for the first time in my life.  I was nervous and scared of the pain I would feel throughout and after my run.  This goal today was just one in my step towards my November goal of the Half Marathon.  

I was so thankful for Amanda who willingly ran 2 MILES passed what she was originally gonna run just so I didn't have to finish by myself.  That's a true friend right there!  I will be honest.  By mile 8 I was hurting and had Amanda not been there I would have been tempted to quit (don't think I actually would have but the desire would have been there)!  We held on strong through our grunts and pains and we finished with a 9:40 pace for 10.04 miles.  My phone registered a longer pace but that's because I never turned it off during drink and bathroom breaks.  

So, Goal ONE was the Zoo Run.  I finished this in a great time of around 54 minutes.  I can't remember for sure.  6.1 miles.  That was Goal ONE.  Complete.

Goal Two is the Tulsa Run.  This race is on Saturday.  My first 15k ever with a total of 9.3 miles.  I know I am ready.  Still nervous though to cross this one off my list so I can move onto my last and final running goal this year....Rt 66 in November.

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment