Wednesday, October 2, 2013

"I was Too Loud"

Steven had the amazing idea of taking BOTH boys golfing on Sunday morning.  Will has gone many times (and has since about age 2 1/2).  Owen still has never gone.  Sunday was the day.  4 years old and Steven thought MAYBE he could handle it.  Don't get me wrong...the boy knows how to golf.  Golf behavior on a course?  Not so much.  

I was enjoying the "free time" at home (I was really cleaning house with music blasting through my ear phones) and I look up to see Owen standing in the living room.  Mini freak out from me because I didn't realize he was there (due to my music).  I just looked at him and said "What are you doing here?"  No tears, no sadness, not caring, he just simply stated, "I was too loud."  

Oh the stories from Steven are hilarious and involve talking in a backswing, running from the cart, golf balls whizzing by other players heads, and running onto the fairways to collect balls (most not his).  

Steven learned one major thing in the ONE HOUR he took Owen to a golf course.  The child can golf.  The child needs some lessons on proper behavior on a course (one on one with only Steven and a very SLOW golf day).  He will get there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment