Monday, October 7, 2013

OU Game


 The day started off rainy and COLD.  The perfect day (almost because of the rain) to run my best 10k time EVER at 54 minutes.  Saturday was Steven's birthday and even though I felt bad about leaving on his birthday and missing Will's flag football game, I had already scheduled myself to do the Zoo Run that day.  The Zoo Run was my first race on my way to my big goal next month.  Saturday was a 10k, in two weeks I will run the Tulsa Run (a 15k), and then 4 weeks after that is the Route 66 Marathon (13.1 miles).  I feel like I am almost ready.  I have several 8's and some 9's under my belt.  I'm in the home stretch but I would be lying if I said I am not THRILLED when this will be over.  Goal-accomplished.  Now, let me have my mornings and weekends back!  Thank you to Olivia Williams for running with me on Saturday.  I taught Olivia back eons ago when she was in the 5th grade.  Now, that class are all Juniors in COLLEGE.  Geez, I am old!

Not as old as this guy though....Happy 35th birthday to the best husband around.  He wanted nothing more (well other than a golf driver:) than to spend his birthday at the OU game.  I love going to games. I scream and cheer and jump up and down with 85,000 other people.  It's electric.  I love that Will enjoys it so much too.  He is the perfect child to take to games because he actually sits and watches the whole thing.  He doesn't care that he is crammed in with thousands others in a space so small that you can smell their breath and barely sit down.  He is a Kueny and loves himself some OU football.  Steven and I throughly love watching Will's face light up when the touchdowns happen.  Hopefully soon little brother can join us when we go as a family.  I hate him missing out, but let's just be honest.  If Owen were to go, there would be no point in me going.  Someone would have to follow him around everywhere:)  

All in all we had a great Saturday.  My best 10k time ever, OU won, and wonderful birthday dessert made my Steven's sister to eat on after the game.  We got home at 1am and were totally whipped out but would do it again tomorrow! 








1 comment:

  1. Somehow you left out the best part of the day was seeing me!

    ReplyDelete