Monday, December 19, 2011

Kansas City Weekend


Merry Christmas from the Legends Shopping Mall in Kansas City! This weekend Steven and I, and Mom and Dad went to KC for the weekend for some shopping, relaxing, and LOTS of eating. I forgot about not eating junk this whole weekend and just ate whatever I wanted. Wait, I always eat too much junk so I guess this weekend wasn't too much different than most all others.

Friday night was BBQ. We learned while we were there that Anthony Bourdain of the Travel Channel was there just the night before eating there. I guess that place really is good. It's called the Smokestack. I guess as BBQ goes, it is good. I got chicken and a baked potato though, I might not be the best judge.

Saturday's food of choice was Cold Stone Creamery for Steven and Mom. I know it might sound crazy but that ice cream does not tempt me. I think it is too thick, they love it, and Dad just waits patiently as he never eats desserts. I wish I had that problem. Lunch was 5 Guys Hamburgers. Once again, delishiousness wrapped up in a greasy bun. Oh, so yummy! Dinner was supposed to be Bucca de Peppo at the Plaza but seeing as how the nearest table available was not until 3 hours later we wandered off to the rest of the Plaza to see where we could eat. We didn't factor that this was the last shopping weekend before Christmas and failed to realize that every single restaurant would have an incredibly long wait. Guess what....Mom and Dad found ANOTHER Smokestack and waited 1 hour and 45 minutes for a table to eat BBQ AGAIN! Mom is such a good sport. Steven and I found a Hibaji Grill and were given a table about 15 minutes when someone decided not to show up for their reservation. Thank you Jesus! Our restaurant didn't have any tables open until 9:30 unless you just wanted to wait and see if people didn't show up. Wow, we were lucky!

Following dinner, because I was not stuffed enough, Steven and I waited in line for 20 minutes just to get cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. This was to be enjoyed while playing dominoes later that night in the hotel room. I decided on Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Steven got Peppermint Bark. Yuck, but he thought it was heavenly. After a 3 mile walk to our car (we all needed to work off some carbs here), we finally made it home after 12 hours of entertainment.

The next morning it was time to head home and get our boys. Of course we missed them, but I sure do love spending some time together with just Steven. I fixed my hair with a curling iron as I am still getting used to doing. I wanted to see how it looked in the sunlight and snapped a picture. After I took it, I thought it was funny because it reminded me of Joey on Friends and his "smell the fart" approach to acting. All of my friends that loved Friends will know what I am talking about:) Merry Christmas from Kansas City!

No comments:

Post a Comment