Saturday, December 3, 2011

Brotherly Love Part 2




I have written before in my blog about Will and Owen's brotherly love. I know this blog is mostly dedicated to the boys anyway, but usually I don't sit down and actually write about specific times when they show brotherly love. It's pretty much every day, not all the time, but every day. They love each other so very much and I count my blessings that they are not fighters. I know that will probably change when they become teenagers, but for right now there is no one they would rather play with, run with, throw with, swing with, wrestle with than each other. That warms this Momma's heart!

Of course, Will being the oldest you would think he would be the leader. God didn't create my little Will to be the leader. As strange as that sounds for a male, firstborn...he is just not. Owen is my leader. Owen is my fearless one. Owen is the instigator for many things. Will follows. Will observes. Will copies (unless Owen is doing something bad and then Will finds it imperative that he tells me!).

Two of the activities that the boys love to enjoy together are chalk time outside and the trampoline. I am so glad that we actually made the investment of the trampoline. Even on cold days the trampoline is good to bundle up for a few moments and go jump just to release some energy from being stuck inside the house. Just when they are freezing they run back in from jumping and can easily stay a few more hours inside before getting stir crazy again:) My cousin Kasey took this picture of the boys showing their brotherly love on the trampoline. They were probably wresting and trying to tackle one another in reality, but from my perspective it just looks like they are hugging and loving on one another!

Chalk time outside is always fun because they can get as messy as two little boys would like to get and I don't care at all. The only thing I really do care about when it comes to chalk is when they start "coloring" the house and windows. That's usually where I draw the line (no pun intended). I believe Owen was mostly naked in this picture because he was drawing shapes on his belly and then proudly showing them off to anyone that would look. I am sure right after this picture was taken Will promptly took off his shirt too and began to draw on his belly. He is the follower, remember???

Will and Owen are my life. One of the biggest things I try to teach them in life is to love and love everyone unconditionally. I am not sure, to be honest, on how to teach those things all the time to a 2 and 5 year old but the only thing I know to do is to show love, compassion, and honesty to those all around me at all times. The most important person being their Daddy. They know I love Steven with an unconditional love and that nothing will ever change that. Showing that to them simply teaches them how to love too. Lesson learned from my parents and lesson being passed down to my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment