Monday, December 7, 2015

How to Lose 4 Pounds in 36 Hours

 This weekend had the potential to be terrible.  Let me explain....

Thursday night around 9pm I started puking.  I'm talking full on, sleep on the bathroom floor ALL NIGHT LONG puking. I finally fell asleep at 7 the next morning after Steven was thankfully able to get the boys off to school.  I slept 7 of the 8 hours the boys were gone and then still slept 11 hours that night.  

Fast forward...now it is Saturday morning and no one (Praise Jesus) has gotten what I had.  That's awesome and made for a good weekend that could have potentially been terrible for all of us.  If anyone had to get it, I would rather it be me than anyone else.  I wouldn't wish that on many people.  It is, however, an excellent way to lose weight fast.  I am NOT recommending this at all but man oh man, the weight comes off when you can't eat for 36 hours and are at the toilet half that time.  

So, now it is Saturday afternoon and although extremely weak and tired from still not hardly eating we pulled off Will's birthday party.  We had a great turn out (about 16 kids) for his football themed party.  The kids played football, knockerball, and dodgeball for the better part of 2 1/2 hours.  Talk about a party right up in Will's wheelhouse.  This.was.it.

December is here and his birthday and all parties are over so we shuttled off to dinner at Andolini's (I hadn't eaten in forever so might as well make it count when I do) pizza.  My favorite pizza EvEr!! After dinner we made the trek to Rhema.  Chris had never been and didn't even realize the park was decorated with 2 million lights each year.  I couldn't believe it, but then I had to remind myself that he's not from here. Why would he know about it?  Along with tens of thousands of other BA/Tulsa residents we walked the campus and park.  It was spectacular.  What did the boys want to do the whole time?  Eat cotton candy, request every food and drink stand known to man even though we had just pulled out of Andolini's parking lot, and roll around/tackle each other in the grass. Boys will be boys.  And I love it.  

Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment