Thursday, December 24, 2015

A New Look

This week has been relaxing. No school, no homework, no projects, little work, lots of family, late nights (but early mornings as one of these boys still never sleep in), holiday movies, and Christmas goodies and snacks galore.  Yes, I'm going to have to hit the gym HARD once the boys go back to school but until then, yes, I will take another Christmas cookie and piece of fudge (thanks for asking)!

Our flip house is coming along nicely. In fact, we were supposed to be able to get in this week and clean it so the realtor could come take pictures. Thanks to some last second things that always happen, pictures weren't able to occur this week.  Cleaning is scheduled for Monday afternoon and hopefully pictures and the house on the market will happen by Jan 1st.  This house has been a total transformation on inside and out.  I can't believe how different it looks.  We've gotten really positive feedback on it through Facebook so hopefully that will equate to a buyer quick and fast!

We are taking off for Branson on Christmas Eve and will be gone until Sunday.  We are in charge of Christmas Eve dinner.  I'm doing a fajita bar.  Yummy!  We also got a cake ordered from my uber talented friend, Dana Vacin.  I wanted to take Jesus a birthday cake so we could all enjoy it while in Branson. I brought it home and Owen said, "But Jesus doesn't eat cake!"  True true, BUT we eat cake and He would want us to eat it and sing to Him.  Actually, he probably doesn't care but that's what is going to be going down anyways.

One last thing I did before leaving on our holiday was chop my hair off.  I've been toying with the idea for a few months now and finally decided to just do it.  I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to be talked out of it.  So, a new year and a new look.  Goodbye to 8 inches!  It feels great!

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy Christmas with their families.  See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment